Steve and I like to peruse thrift stores on the weekend. I think it is in my blood, my mom was an antique dealer back in the day 😉
You can find some amazing things at the thrift store, believe it or not. Here are some tips to help you score an awesome find:
- Go early – everyone else will pick all the good stuff if you get there too late.
- Look for the “color of the day” These colors correspond with a discount for that day.
- Be on the lookout for employees bringing out new merchandise, usually on rolling carts.
- Don’t be afraid to bend or dig, people hide stuff under things to save for later.
- Keep your eyes open for things that go together that get separated, for example, plates, cups and saucers.
- Don’t be afraid to open boxes and bags. We found a Garmin GPS for $10 this way. We also opened a camera bag for $3 that still had a good camera inside!
- Keep an eye open for collectibles. We found a Disney print for $3 that is currently for sale at eBay here.
We also found some other things we think are pretty cool. See the pictures below (in interest of full disclosure, we have not yet confirmed the Dooney purse is authentic. Anyone wanting to weigh in their thoughts on that, leave a comment.
Let me know what treasures you find!