I was recently reading a post on the Happy Wives Club, (yes, I am a proud card carrying member!) and thought this was a wonderful idea. In every marriage, there are periods that either spouse may feel unappreciated. There was something in this article that hit me:
It’s not because their spouse began doing anything different. It’s because they began looking for all the things he was already doing right
Recently, it seems the more I am on Facebook, the more I see people bash their spouse. Why? One blogger had a whole post about “Stupid Sam” dedicated to all the things her husband had done wrong that day. Another Facebook post detailed the stupidity of her husband for losing his job, before finding another, and how she and the kids did not deserve this, because she was supposed to start school. Maybe this was true, but why go on and on, while your husband helplessly comments that this has never happened before? Meanwhile, she thanks all her Facebook friends for being there for her. Huh?
Anyway, I digress. This post is dedicated to my wonderful husband, my partner, and my true love, for whom I will be eternally grateful for all he adds to our life. I intend to update this post regularly, to remind myself, and him, even if I don’t say it as often as I should, my appreciation is in every action, every little gesture, every chalkboard coffee cup message (Be sure to look on the bottom ;))
1. Thank you for helping me up from the rubble, you know what I mean.
2. He loved me, even when my real self was 15 pounds more than my profile, it was a mistake, I swear.
3. He loves me “part and parcel” and takes care of this parcel every day as if it is a precious gift.
4. His intelligence and views on life enriches mine, like no one else.
5. He puts up with all my idiosyncrasies and neurosis, even though they have no merit .
6. He still makes my heart flutter, even after all these years.
7. The best times are the simple times, laying in bed at night, talking. I love these times.
8. He has a soft spot for pets, and I love his loyalty to our cat. It shows the type of man he is.
9. He spends time with our kids, to make them better people, and takes time to explain why things are.
10. He is technical minded, no, honey this post is not key worded for optimum search traffic, sorry. 😉 He has a brilliant mind.
11. He took care of the kids so I could finish my education, and he still does. I can work without worrying about anything
12. He spends time with the kids and I. Quality time. Nothing better than our nightly Monopoly game, no matter who wins!
13. He is the most beautiful person I have ever seen, inside and out
14. He lets me have the last piece of Key Lime pie
15. He thinks of fun summer projects to do with the kids, to stimulate their minds
16. He always goes with me to the hospital (Dad and Mom have had health issues lately) even though he detests hospitals
17. He makes my coffee just how I like it, more cream than coffee
18. He always supports and encourages me in any new venture I want to try
19. He never says anything when I sing, or hum and it’s bad!
20. He stands with me through thick and thin
21. He arranges surprise visits with our grandchildren
22. He comes with me to the dentist, because he knows I am scared.
23. He patiently waits during all you can eat crab leg night 😉
24. I called him to ask if I can bring home a stray (which we need like a hole in the head) and he said “how can I refuse something that needs us?”
25. I brought that stray home, and the tender loving care he gives him would bring a tear to your eye.
26. He is my rock…every time.
This post has a beginning and no end. We should all look for the things our spouse already does right, instead of all the things we can pick him apart for doing wrong. Steve, I love you, and appreciate you.